Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, stays and valve parts. Circumferential bell seam. Circular wrap with bell directed to player's right. With tuning shank mouthpipe, restrained by ligature screw. No water-key or fitting for music-card holder. With green plastic binding covering the main coils; green-faced leather carrying strap.; Nominal pitch: 4½-ft B♭.; Type or system: 3 valves. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, bottom-sprung with alignment by key on piston.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Embossed on plate on bell "Fürst-Pless"; engraved on 2nd valve casing with triangle trademark containing treble clef / K&H / "KÜHNL" and, sideways, "66012".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow 250; corpus diameter c|205; bell 131.; Sounding length: ; Bore: tuning-shank mouthpipe at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 11.0; Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.15 - 11.0.