Technical description: Wood with leather binding; ivory or bone finger-hole bushes; brass stays, bell mount, crook receiver mount and lining, keywork and crook; There are only two stays, the usual stay between the third and fourth straight sections is absent. The instrument is arranged to be held horizontally; the right hand underneath and to the right of the tube. Six finger-holes; 3 closed-standing keys for L1, R4 and R0 with leaf springs SATK. Fitting for music-card holder on crook.; Nominal pitch: C.; Type or system: 3 keys.; Keyhead type: flat round.; Keymount type: brass saddles.; ; ;
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: height 735; bell 106.; Sounding length: ; Bore: crook at 274mm from mouthpiece receiver (distal end) 19.8; bell 91.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 15.1 - 14.8.