Technical description: Brass; straight, german silver rolled over bell rim; long german silver mouthpipe sheath.; Nominal pitch: 4½-ft B♭. Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A₄=|460|Hz.
Late 19th or early 20th century
Henry Keat & Sons
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "HY. KEAT & SONS / LONDON / MADE IN ENGLAND".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1230; bell 106.; Sounding length: 1230.; Bore: at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 8.25; at 615mm from bell end, c|11.7; at c|231mm from bell end, 16.5; at 16mm from bell end, 65.8.B|=|0.58.Bell cutoff |1600|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 9.05 - 8.25.