Vented post horn
Technical description: Brass; white metal inner slide; final 65mm of bell flare joined by circumferential tabbed seam; no garland. Four coils; trumpet bore profile. Tuning-slide mouthpipe with ligature screw restraint. The single tone-hole with chimney. With red cord wound over the over four coils and having two tassels.; Nominal pitch: 6-ft F.; ; ; ; ; ;
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.212 Labrosones with fingerholes with (narrow) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on applied plate on bell "WEBB / LONDON".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.212 Labrosones with fingerholes with (narrow) conical bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to far coil 175; bell 124.; Sounding length: ; Bore: minDia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 8.4 - 8.25 over 12mm.