Technical description: Brass with german silver valve touchpieces. With garland, finger-hook for R4, clapper-key. Valves in V-formation; drooping 3rd valve tuning-slide. Main tuning-slide distal leg with moving inner; proximal leg and all valve tuning-slides with moving outers.; Valve type: 3 Stölzel valves, metal partitions; alignment by key on spring capsule and flat-sided stem. Valve top caps with screw-on chimneys to take valve touchpiece protector caps. Nominal pitch: B♭ etc.; Type or system: Clapper-key.
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "Cornopean / No,,|103."; inscribed on garland "Improv'd & Made by / Charles Pace, / 49, King Stt,, Westminster."; stamped on round german-silver plates on valve casings "1", "2", "3".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to 1st valve tuning-slide bow proximal 274; bell 121.; Sounding length: ; Bore: instrument body at c|30mm from shank/crook receiver (local minimum bore) 10.95; main tuning-slide from 190mm from shank/crook receiver, tuning-slide bores 11.3 - 11.25; valve cluster, v.t.s. bores (1,2,3) 11.2.Dia of shank/crook receiver: m.r.t. 11.95 - 11.25.