Technical description: Nickel-plated brass. Double water-key with single touchpiece. No fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; ;
Henry Distin & Co [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "HENRY DISTIN / MAKER / 9|&|10 GT.|NEWPORT|ST. / LEICESTER SQUARE / LONDON / No.|5906"; on 2nd|valve casing words forming an ellipse "DISTIN * LONDON *", inside "MAKER" and below, "5906" on valve balusters, top and bottom caps "16", "17", "18".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 324; bell 124.; Sounding length: ; Bore: m.t.s. from 240mm to 469mm from shank/crook receiver, tuning-slide bore 11.7; valve cluster from c|640mm to c|720mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 11.7.