Technical description: Brass; bell with gusset, French rim; 'shepherd's crook' bellpipe. Silver-plated valve caps. Windway runs shank/crook receiver - main tuning-slide - 3 - 2 - 1 - bell. Water-key before main tuning-slide with leaf spring attached to key and running in a channel. No fitting for music-card holder. With crook for A?.; Nominal pitch: B? etc.; ; ; ; ; ;
2nd half of 19th century
Metzler & Co [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
London or Paris.
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell "METZLER & CO. / LONDON & PARIS"; stamped on valve casings and caps "1", "2", "3".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 322; bell 122.; Sounding length: ; Bore: 2nd valve tuning-slide 11.85.