Technical description: Silver-plated brass, French bell rim; fixed mouthpipe. With finger-hook for R4, double water-key with single touchpiece, fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; ;
Probably late 19th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "HENRY KEAT & SONS / 105 & 103 / MATTHIAS RD. / STOKE NEWINGTON / LONDON / N"; on valve casings "28", "29", "30".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 308; bell 124.; Sounding length: ; Bore: mouthpipe at c|25mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 8.5; main tuning-slide, m.t.s bores 11.55 - 11.6; valve cluster, v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 11.75.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 9.6 - 8.6.