Technical description: Brass, French bell rim. Water-key with leaf spring. No fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B? etc.; ; ; ; ; ;
Circa 1863 - 1881
Köhler & Son [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:"1851" / two medals / "1862" and "The ''CONQUEROR'' Cornet / KÖHLER & SON / Makers / 35 Henrietta St,, Covent Garden, London"; on valve casings "1", "2", "3".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 320; bell 118.; Sounding length: ; Bore: main tuning-slide from 270mm to 480mm from shank/crook receiver, m.t.s. bore 11.7; valve cluster from 640mm to 740mm from shank/crook receiver, v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 11.7.