Technical description: French 'shepherd's crook' cornet model. Brass, no gusset in bell; French bell rim. With double water-key with single touchpiece; no fitting for music-card holder. With shank for B?.; Nominal pitch: B? etc.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|460|Hz.;
Late 19th or early 20th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell "Ed Kruspe / Herzgl. S. M. Hoflieferant / Erfurt" the lettering not distinct, and below "Kining[...]a Musikhandel / J.G. Fazer"; stamped on valve casings "7", "8", "9".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 315; bell 131.; Sounding length: minimum 1288.; Bore: shank distal at 100mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 9.05; main tuning-slide from 322mm to 550mm from mouthpiece receiver (with shank), m.t.s. bores 11.3 - 11.5; at 644mm from bell end, c|11.6; valve cluster from 720mm to 820mm from mouthpiece receiver (with shank), v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 11.65; at c|258mm from bell end, 16.4; at 20.5mm from bell end, 70.B|=|0.64.Bell cutoff |1300|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 9.55 - 9.1.