Technical description: Silver-plated brass, French bell rim. The main tuning-slide has moving proximal outer and distal inner. With finger-hook for R4, double water-key with single touchpiece, and fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B? etc.; ; ; ; ; ;
Late 19th or early 20th century
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell "LAUBACH & SONS / Greenside Place / EDINBURGH"; stamped on shank/crook receiver "2060"; stamped on valve casings and valve spring guides "1", "2", "3".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 312; bell 121.; Sounding length: ; Bore: main tuning-slide, m.t.s bore 11.7; valve cluster, v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 11.7.