Technical description: Brass; bell without gusset, French rim; 'shepherd's crook' bellpipe. Windway runs shank/crook receiver - main tuning-slide - 3 - 2 - 1 - bell. Two water-keys, before and after main tuning-slide with single touchpiece mounted on a bridge with leaf spring attached to key and running in a channel; hook for R4; fitting for music-card holder. With shank for B?.; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; ;
Late 19th century
Brown & Sons [Corporation]
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on valve casings, piston stems and bottom caps "10", "11", "12".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 309; bell 130.; Sounding length: ; Bore: shank at c|50mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 9.2.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 9.9 - 9.8.