Technical description: Brass; French bell rim. Two water-keys, before and after main tuning-slide, with single touchpiece mounted on a bridge with a leaf spring attached to touchpiece and running in a channel on the mount.With fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: probably B?.; ; ; ; ; ;
Late 19th or early 20th century
Henry Keat & Sons
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 214; bell 85.; Sounding length: ; Bore: main tuning-slide bore c|11.6; valve cluster, v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 11.85.