Technical description: Silver-plated brass, 'shepherd's crook' main bellpipe; echo bell with single slide and ligature screw restraint on the outer (moving) slide. Double water-key with single touchpiece; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; ;
1923 or before
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "THIS CORNET / A PRESENT TO / W.R. KING / FROM / REV. CANON CORFIELD / OF / ST MARY'S CHURCH / TAUNTON / MARCH. 17. 1923" and "GOD IS LOVE.".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of both bells to echo bell bow proximal 310; bell 129.; Sounding length: ; Bore: mouthpipe at c|35mm from shank/crook receiver (body minimum bore) 10.25; main tuning-slide bore 11.55; valve tuning-slide bore (3,2,1,4) 11.55; echo bell slide bore 11.65.