Technical description: Silver-plated brass. Receiver for shank or crook; gradation on each valve tuning-slides for position when used in E?. Dummy tubing between tube leading from mouthpipe to valves and tube leading from main tuning-slide to bell for reinforcement and to give a more horn-like appearance. Water key on tube leading from mouthpipe to valves. Fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: F|/|E?.; ; ; ; ; ;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "EXCELSIOR SONOROUS / CLASS / HAWKES & SON / Denman Street / Piccadilly Circus / LONDON" and, below, "2ND W.Y.R.E.V. / LEEDS"; on back of bell near rim "17445"; on valve casings, long-stemmed top caps, bottom caps and piston tops "34", "35", "36",
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to valve touchpieces 392; bell 263.; Sounding length: ; Bore: valve cluster, v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 11.65; main tuning-slide, m.t.s. bores 11.65 - 12.4.