Technical description: Brass, small gusset in bell, French bell rim. With alternative main tuning slides for F and E?, the E? slide having a wide bow. With fitting for music-card holder, no water-key.; Nominal pitch: F|/|E?.; ; ; ; ; ;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "LEGION D'HONNEUR" in banner / "JTL" in wreath / "HORS CONCOURS / PARIS / 1878 . 1889 . 1900" / seven overlapping medals / "QTE SUPRE / JEROME / THIBOUVILLE-LAMY / 10. CHARTERHOUSE STREET / LONDON / MADE IN PARIS"; stamped on valve casings "16", "17", "18".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to valve touchpieces 359; bell 190.; Sounding length: ; Bore: mouthpipe at c|35mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.45; main tuning-slide from 222mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bores 11.6 - 12.0; valve cluster, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 12.75.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.35 - 10.6.