Technical description: Brass; French bell rim; gusset in bell. Second bow from bell end passes close under valves. With fitting for music-card holder; no water-key.; Nominal pitch: E?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|460|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "MICHAUD / BREVETÉ" / circle containing an indistinct monogram / "PARIS"; on valve casings, top and bottom caps and piston upper ends "13", "14", "15". Engraved on side of bell near rim "21".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow knob 585; bell 177.; Sounding length: minimum 1930.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|35mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.6; main tuning-slide from 194mm to 411mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bore 11.55; valve cluster from 438mm to 523mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 11.65; at 965mm from bell end, c|16.4; at c|580mm from bell end, 23.2; at 22mm from bell end, 108.5.B|=|0.56.Bell cutoff |1000|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.1 - 10.6.