Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, mouthpiece receiver sheath, ferrules, bow guard, outer slides, stays and valve parts. Compact bell-forward form. Water-key with leaf spring on main tuning-slide.; Nominal pitch: 8-ft C.; Type or system: 3 valves, bell-forward wrap.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|452.4|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on garland "K. u K. Hoflieferanten V.F. C*verveny*/ & Söhne in Königgrätz" and with crown motif; on 1st valve entry ferrule proximal "13761". Inscribed on 1st and 3rd valve tuning-slides inner slide "C PARIS" above a circumferentially aligned arrow; the arrows indicate slide pulls of 7.0 and 9.5mm respectively.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 376; bell 171.; Sounding length: minimum 2216.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 9.05; main tuning-slide from 151mm to 438mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bores 10.65 - 11.1; valve cluster from 612mm to 727mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 11.7; at 1108mm from bell end, c|13.63; at c|688mm from bell end, 21.2; at 11.5mm from bell end, 102.2.B|=|0.53.Bell cutoff |1400|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 9.65 - 9.05.