Technical description: Brass with german silver ferrules, bow guard, Mainz bell rim, stay plates, valve components. Oval form with thumb ring for R0. Brass knob on lowest part of large bow. No water-key or fitting for music-card holder. The 3rd valve tuning slide is possibly the longer of two alternative, to give a lowering of four semitones.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; ;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Embossed on elliptical applied german silver plate on bell "A.B. UBERWASSER / HAMBURG, PAULINENSTR. 12" and inside these words "PSALM 150. / GOTT MITT UNS!".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from uppermost edge of bell to bow guard knob 685; bell 220.; Sounding length: minimum c|2510.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|27mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore in present state) 11.95; valve cluster from 374mm to 515mm from mouthpipe end, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 12.55; main tuning-slide from 588mm to 806mm from mouthpipe end, m.t.s bore 12.53; at 1255mm from bell end, c|17.4; at c|946mm from bell end, 24.6.B|=|0.56.