Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, bow guard, ferrules, thumb ring, collars at ends of tuning-slide outer slides, valve parts.Oval form, no gusset in bell.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Found to play at high pitch.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on garland in letters with solid outlines and hatched infill "Ed. Kruspe in Erfurt" with oak leaves and acorns on either side.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from upper rim of bell to bow guard lower 611; bell 233.; Sounding length: minimum 2694.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 11.95; valve cluster from 357mm to 487mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 11.95; main tuning-slide from 647mm to 884mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bore 11.95; at 1347mm from bell end, c|19.7; at c|1049mm from bell end, 27.85.B|=|0.56.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.5 - 11.95.