Technical description: Brass. With garland and bow guard. Upright (saxhorn) form. With ring for R0, water-key on main tuning-slide, and fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|460|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on garland "D.|Meinl K.K.ap. Inst Fabrick" double eagle "in Wien".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow guard 690; bell 180.; Sounding length: minimum 2605.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 12.3; valve cluster from 349mm to 509mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 12.85; main tuning-slide from 523mm to 755mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bores 12.85 - 12.75 (sic); at 1303mm from bell end, c|20.0; at c|950mm from bell end, 28.3.B|=|0.55.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 13.15 - 12.3.