Technical description: Brass, single gusset in bell; French bell rim; circular form with oval bell directed forwards and slighlty upwards. 3|coils plus tuning-slide. No water-key or fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|452.4|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on valve casings, also on top and bottom valve caps "16", "17", "18".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 315; bell 132 × 174.; Sounding length: minimum 2608.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|40mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.75; main tuning-slide from 226mm to 568mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bores 11.9 - 12.55; valve cluster from 607mm to 689mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 12.55; at 1304mm from bell end, c|17.8; at c|849mm from bell end, 25.15.B|=|0.53.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.55 - 10.95.