Technical description: Brass; bell without gusset; French bell rim. Very wide wrap. Water-key on main tuning-slide; no fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably altered for use at A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell with monogram "GB" / "BUTLER / HAYMARKET / LONDON";stamped on 1st, 2nd, 3rd valve casings and top caps (underneath) respectively "72", "71", "70".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow guard 560; bell 220.; Sounding length: minimum 2710.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.75; main tuning-slide from 205mm to 509mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bores 11.95 - 11.5 (sic); valve cluster from 599mm to 699mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 11.95; at 1355mm from bell end, c|16.2; at c|843mm from bell end, 22.8; at 26mm from bell end, 135.5.B|=|0.57.Bell cutoff |800|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.85 - 11.05.