Technical description: German silver, brass inner slides, copper pistons. French bell rim. With thumb rest for R0 attached to 1st and 2nd valve casings; with fitting for music-card holder. No water-key.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "..." in banner / lyre tradmark / "VAN ENGELEN FRES. / FOURNISSEURS / DE L'ARMEE / ET DES / CONSERVATOIRES / A LIERRE"; stamped on valve casings "1", "2", "3".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 550; bell 219.; Sounding length: minimum 2668.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|60mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 11.3; main tuning-slide from 210mm to 530mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bores 11.85 - 12.0; valve cluster from 605mm to 745mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 12.05; at 1334mm from bell end, c|15.9; at c|792mm from bell end, 22.5; at 26mm from bell end, 126.B|=|0.60.Bell cutoff |900|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.3 - 11.75.