Technical description: Silver-plated brass; squat form. French bell rim. Water-key on main tuning-slide.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|452.4|Hz and extended for use at circa A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "THE TRIUMPH / Class A / 15847" / Salvation army emblem of crowned medal inscribed "BLOOD AND FIRE" with "THE SALVATION ARMY" in banner below / "MANUFACTURED / BY THE / SALVATIONIST PUBLISHING / & SUPPLIES LTD. / JUDD ST KING'S CROSS / LONDON / FACTORY ST ALBANS / HERTS"; stamped on 2nd valve casing "5" / wreath with SA monogram / "15847 / 3".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow 530; bell 277.; Sounding length: minimum 2666; originally c|2526.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|40mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 11.4; valve cluster from 200mm to 310mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 15.2; main tuning-slide from 370mm to 760mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bores 15.8 - 16.75.at 1333mm from bell end, c|28.3; at c|986mm from bell end, 40.0.B|=|0.40.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.8 - 11.95.