Technical description: Brass with german silver garland, bow guards, ferrules and valve parts. Upright (saxhorn) form. The wrap makes it impossible to remove the 2nd valve tuning-slide, which has a short travel. With ring for R0, water-key on main tuning-slide, and fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: 4 valves in-line.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|446|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on garland "Ed. Kruspe in Erfurt".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2 Valve bugles with wide bore
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow guard 725; bell 247.; Sounding length: minimum 2669.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 12.5; valve cluster from 482mm to 652mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3,4) 14.3; main tuning-slide from 652mm to 989mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bores 15.35 - 18.55; at 1335mm from bell end, c|27.2; at c|1065mm from bell end, 38.3.B|=|0.46.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 13.05 - 12.65.