Technical description: Brass; french bell rim. The main tubing has 1½ coils after the valves; there is a tubular cross-piece in the main coils to support the valves and one of the mouthpipe stays.Adjustable curved mouthpipe with two adjustable stays. With fitting for music-card holder on receiver for adjustable mouthpipe.; Nominal pitch: 13-ft E?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|460|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "F.R. GUIMARRES / R. do Almada 128 / PORTO" with a trade mark of a helicon below.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.2
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 760; bell 330.; Sounding length: minimum 3914.; Bore: mouthpipe at c|25mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 12.3; main tuning-slide from 490mm to c|720mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bore 16.0; valve cluster from 733mm to 888mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (3,2,1) 16.0; at 1957mm from bell end, c|28.1; at c|1628mm from bell end, 39.7.B|=|0.42.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 13.4 - 12.55.