Technical description: Brass; german-silver valve touchpieces and connecting arms. French bell rim; circumferential butt joints with internal sleeves in bell pipe at 172mm and 375mm from bell end. Wrap with loop between valves and main tuning-slide; the main tuning-slide with extension piece having two stays; no water-key and no fitting for music-card holder.; Nominal pitch: F|/|E?.; Type or system: 3 valves.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|440|Hz.;
Before 1912, probably c|1900
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.233.1 Valve trumpets with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell "PREMo STABo / B. CAZZANI & C / MILANO"; stamped on side of bar supporting valve spring axle "57X".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.233.1 Valve trumpets with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from plane of bell to bow proximal 518; bell 135.; Sounding length: minima 1796 (in|F), 2030 (in|E?).; Bore: mouthpipe at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore) 10.75; valve cluster from 128mm to 238mm from mouthpiece receiver, v.t.s. bore (1,2,3) 10.45; main tuning-slide from 753mm to 999mm from mouthpiece receiver, m.t.s bore 10.45; at c|361mm from bell end, 14.8; at 17mm from bell end, 81.5.B|=|0.78 (in|F), B|=|0.81 (in|E?).Bell cutoff |1200|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.3 - 10.8.