Technical description: Brass circumferential seam between bell pipe and bell flare, French bell rim; white metal slide stockings. The tuning-slide is at the foot of the hand slide. The bell section attaches to a tenon on the slide section with a ligature restraining screw. With water-key on tuning-slide. A fitting on the tuning-slide outer could be for a cord restrainer.; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|452.4|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell with lyre-in-sunburst motif / "J.T.L. / HORS CONCOURS / PARIS / 1878.1889.1900" / five overlapping medals containing "1875", "PARIS", "OR", "LONDRES", "1885" / "JÉRÔME / THIBOUVILLE-LAMY & CO. / 10.CHARTERHOUSE STREET / LONDON / MADE IN PARIS / Class / B"; stamped on valve casings "7", "8", "9".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 513; bell 113.5.; Sounding length: minimum 1236.; Bore: at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.15; expanding by 46mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore 10.6; descending slide, 10.6; main tuning-slide at foot of hand slide, m.t.s. bore 12.0; ascending slide, 10.6; at c260|mm from bell end, 15.0; at 21.5mm from bell end, 56.9.B|=|0.69.Bell cutoff |1400|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 10.85 - 10.15.