Technical description: Silver-plated brass; French bell rim; slides with stockings; tuning-slide in bell bow; water-key.; Nominal pitch: E?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|452.4|Hz or higher.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "THE GISBORNE COMPANY / MAKERS / VERE ST. / BIRMINGHAM".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from slide bow guard to bell bow proximal 810; bell 119.; Sounding length: minimum 1884.; Bore: at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.2; expanding at 138mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c| 11.2; descending slide, 11.2; ascending slide, 11.2; main tuning-slide from 680mm to 375mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 11.7 - 14.4; at c|368mm from bell end, 15.85; at 16mm from bell end, 68.7.B|=|0.69.Bell cutoff |1400|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.0 - 10.25.