Technical description: Lacquered brass with german silver ferrules, slide stays; white metal inner slides and stockings formed by expansion of the tubes. The valve loop tubing has two tuning-slides, both pulling to the rear. With water-key, bell lock and slide lock.The valve loop tubing has two tuning-slides, both pulling to the rear.; Nominal pitch: E? + B?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell "Stradivarius / Model 39 / (R) / Vincent Bach / ELKHART, IN / USA"; stamped at top of inner slide near joint "50870 / MODEL / 39"stamped at top of distal outer slide "50870".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from bell bow to slide bow buffer 895; bell 163.; Sounding length: minimum 2000.; Bore: at c|50mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.55; expanding by 134mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c|11.8; descending slide, 11.8; ascending slide, 11.85; valve at 716mm from bell end, v.t.s. bore 12.4; main tuning-slide from 630mm to 310mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 12.5 - 17.9; at 20.5mm from bell end, 88.5.B|=|0.70 (in E?).Bell cutoff |1100|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.05 - 10.85.