Technical description: Silver-plated brass; nickel-plated stockings. The quick-change valve for C and B? is in the position of a thumb valve, but has two knobs attached to the spindle to operate and no spring return. With water-key; no slide lock or bell lock.; Nominal pitch: C|.|B?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|439|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from slide bow to bell bow, 1013; bell 178.5.; Sounding length: minimum (in|C) 2393.; Bore: at c|20mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.7; descending slide, 11.4; ascending slide, 11.4; valve at c|846mm from bell end, v.t.s. bore 12.7; main tuning-side from 831mm to 373mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 11.7 - 16.4; at 28.5mm from bell end, 95.B|=|0.73.Bell cutoff |900|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.05 - 10.7.