Technical description: Nickel-plated brass. Inner slides with stockings, length 60. With water-key.; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "No.|37862 / Adolphe Sax Fteur Breveté / 50,|rue Saint|Georges / à Paris".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1178; bell 152.; Sounding length: minimum 2699.; Bore: at c|40mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 11.5; descending slide, 11.5-11.6; ascending slide, 11.7; main tuning-slide from 894mm to 540mm from bell end, m.t.s bores 11.8 - 13.2; at c|413mm from bell end, 16.5; at 26mm from bell end, 89.5.B|=|0.79.Bell cutoff |900|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.8 - 11.5.