Technical description: Silver-plated brass; French bell rim; plated inner slides with stockings. With water-key.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: Narrow bore.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|452.4|Hz and modified for use at circa A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell with stag's head / "ACQUIRIT QUI TUETUR" in banner, and stamped below "31 MEDALS OF HONOUR" within banner / FR monogram / F.|BESSON / BREVETÉ / 198 EUSTON ROAD / LONDON" / five-pointed star; stamped with serial number on bell section at joint, only digits "00" legible.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from slide bow knob to bell bow, 1135; bell 156.; Sounding length: ; Bore: at c|25mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 11.0; descending slide, 11.05; ascending slide, 11.05; m.t.s. proximal bore, 12.45; m.t.s. distal bore, 14.15.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.15 - 11.05.