Technical description: Silver-plated brass; French bell rim; plated inner slides with stockings. With water-key.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: Narrow bore.; ; ; ; ;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "50 MEDALS OF HONOUR" within banner / FB monogram / BESSON|&|CO. / ``Prototype'' / 198 EUSTON ROAD / LONDON / ENGLAND" / five-pointed star; stamped on bell section at joint "12771"; stamped on mouthpiece receiver "BESSON & CO / BREVETES / 12768"; stamped on outer slide "12768".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from slide bow knob to bell bow, 1152; bell 156.; Sounding length: minimum 2668.; Bore: at c|35mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.4; expanding at 126mm from mouthpiece receiver to 11.4; descending slide, 11.5; ascending slide, 11.5; main tuning-slide from 917mm to 470mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 12.5 - 14.25; at c|420mm from bell end, 16.25; at 25mm from bell end, 92.B|=|0.72.Bell cutoff 1000|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.15 - 11.25.