Technical description: Silver-plated brass, French bell rim; silver-plated slide with nickel-plated copper stockings. The cylindrical joint with tenon on slide section and ligature screw restraint on bell section.With water-key and slide lock.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: Narrow bore.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|452.4|Hz; converted for use at A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "THE TRIUMPHONIC / SOLOIST / .Class A. / 23930" / Salvation army emblem of crowned medal inscribed "BLOOD AND FIRE" with "THE SALVATION ARMY" in banner below / "MANUFACTURED / BY THE / SALVATIONIST PUBLISHING / & SUPPLIES LTD. / JUDD ST KING'S CROSS / LONDON / FACTORY ST ALBANS / HERTS".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from bell bow to slide bow guard blade 1133; bell 151.; Sounding length: ; Bore: at c|35mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.8; descending slide, 11.0; ascending slide, 11.0; m.t.s. proximal bore, 11.65; m.t.s. distal bore 13.05.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.8 - 11.1.