Tenor slide trombone.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass. With water-key.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: Narrow bore.; ; ; ; ;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "EXCELSIOR / CLASS|A / HAWKES & SON / Denman Street / Piccadilly Circus / LONDON / 49066"; on slide section at mouthpiece receiver ". / HAWKES / & SON / LONDON"; at joint on both sides "12".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1104; bell 155.; Sounding length: minimum 2608.; Bore: at c|17mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 11.2; descending slide, 11.45; ascending slide, 11.45; main tuning-slide from 860mm to 512mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 12.35 - 13.55; at c|437mm from bell end, 16.18.B|=|0.77.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.7 - 11.2 over 17mm.