Technical description: Brass; applied wire on bell rim. White metal stockings. With water-key.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: Narrow bore.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|452.4|Hz and extended for use at circa A?=|435|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "W.|BROWN & SONS / Makers / 2|TRACEY STREET / KENNINGTON ROAD / LONDON".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1186; bell 156.; Sounding length: minimum 2776.; Bore: at c|21mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.7; expanding at 165mm from mouthpiece receiver to 11.25; descending slide, 11.25; ascending slide, 11.25; main tuning-slide from mm to mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 12.0 - 13.45; at c|426mm from bell end, 15.9; at 22.5mm from bell end, 96.B|=|0.77.Bell cutoff|=|1000|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.25 - 11.75 over 10mm.