Technical description: Brass, bell without gusset, French bell rim; white metal stockings. With water-key.; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: Narrow bore.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|452.4|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:No inscriptions.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from bell bow knob to slide bow 1120; bell 183.; Sounding length: minimum 2644.; Bore: at c|10mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.5; descending slide, 11.25; ascending slide, 11.25; main tuning-slide from 905mm to 499mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 11.7 - 13.35; at c|414mm from bell end 16.0; at 29.5m from bell end, 94.B|=|0.75.Bell cutoff 900|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 10.85 - 10.5 over 10mm.