Technical description: Lacquered brass with german silver stays, stay plates, inner slide stay assembly, sheath at upper portion of each outer slide and slide bow guard. Chromium-plated inner slides. Apart from the stockings, the outer surface of the inner slides is 16-sided, not cylindrical. Slide stockings apparently formed by deposition. Pronounced constriction in mouthpipe. The legs of the main tuning-slide each with conical bore. With water-key; no slide lock or bell lock.; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on bell "THE / OLDS / - * - / MADE BY / F.E. OLDS & SON / LOS ANGELES / CALIF. / U S.A." partly in art-deco script; on bell section at joint "7 10978"; on slide section at joint, on outer section at top, and on water-key "11219".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1176; bell 176.; Sounding length: minimum 2717.; Bore: at c|40mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 9.65; expanding by 204mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c|12.25; descending slide, 12.25; ascending slide, 12.65; main tuning-slide from 922mm to 539mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 14.3 - 14.7 and 17.7 - 18.25; at 25.35mm from bell end, 104.7.B|=|0.60.Bell cutoff |800|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.8 - 10.9.