Technical description: British copy of American trombone by Olds. Silver-plated brass; plated inner slides. French bell rim. Slide stockings formed by deposition. The legs of the main tuning-slide each with conical bore. With water-key; with slide lock but no spring buffers, with screw-collar bell lock.; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Built for use at A?=|439|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "Large Bore / CLASS|A" / trumpet-and-banner trademark incorporating "TRADE MARK" and "BOOSEY" / "BOOSEY|&|CO.|LTD. / MAKERS. LONDON / 126548 / British Throughout" / ellipse containing "I.P." / "Imperial Model"; stamped on inner and outer slides "BOOSEY|&|CO. / 126548".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1167; bell 185.; Sounding length: minimum 2720.; Bore: at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.6; expanding by 175mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c|12.35; descending slide, 12.35; ascending slide, 12.35; main tuning-slide from 848mm to 510mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 14.8 - 15.2 and 17.65 - 18.95; at 28.0mm from bell end, 105.8.B|=|0.66.Bell cutoff |800|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.95 - 11.1.