Tenor slide trombone.
; Nominal pitch: B?.; Type or system: Medium bore.; ; ; ; ;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Technical description: Silver-plated brass. cylindrical tenon-and-socket joint with ligature restraining screw on bell section. The slide stockings each have three circumferential grooves to retain oil. The tuning-slide legs have long stockings. Double stay on inner-slide. With water-key and slide lock. With alternative tuning-slides for high and low pitch, each with heavy integral balance weight filling the whole space between stay and bow. Stamped on bell "EXCELSIOR SONOROUS / CLASS|A / HAWKES & SON / Denman Street / Piccadilly Circus / LONDON / 49127"; on slide section at mouthpiece receiver "HAWKES / & SON / LONDON / .. ".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1088 (high pitch) 1142 (low pitch); bell 163.; Sounding length: ; Bore: at c|30mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.65; descending slide, 12.0; ascending slide, 12.0; m.t.s. proximal bore, 13.3; m.t.s. distal bore, 16.25.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.85 - 11.05.