Tenor slide trombone.
Technical description: silver-plated brass; nickel-plated inner slide. French bell rim. The slide stockings each have four circumferential depressions to retain oil. The tuning-slide legs have long stockings. Cylindrical tenon at joint with ligature restraining screw on bell section; with slide lock. Alternative tuning-slides for high and low pitch. With water-key.; Nominal pitch: B?.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|452.4|Hz with missing tuning-slide and built for use at circa A?=|439|Hz with extant tuning-slide.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "THE CABARET" / hawk-and-globe trademark / "HAWKES & SON / MAKERS / DENMAN STREET / PICCADILLY CIRCUS / LONDON.W. / 57025"; on slide section at mouthpiece receiver "HAWKES / & SON / LONDON / .".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1146; bell 164.; Sounding length: minimum 2732.; Bore: at c|35mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.65; expanding at 130mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore 11.95; descending slide, 11.95; ascending slide, 11.95; main tuning-slide from 978mm to 520mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 13.25 - 16.3; at 22mm from bell end, 96.B|=|0.70.Bell cutoff |1000|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 11.7 - 10.9.