Technical description: Gold brass with german silver stockings, ferrules, central portion of the three stays, valve, outer valve tuning-slide, and water-key. Telescopic outer slide stay. No spring buffers; no main tuning-slide.; Nominal pitch: B?|+|F.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell "1763 Gegr. 1763 / J.C.|Penzel's Nachf. / Leipzig / No.|10726".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from slide bow to bell bow, slide touching buffers 1155; bell 242.; Sounding length: minimum 2668.; Bore: at c|32mm from mouthpiece receiver (local minimum bore), 13.45; descending slide, 13.3; ascending slide, 13.3; valve at 858mm from bell end, v.t.s. bore, 14.75; at c|571mm from bell end, 18.8; at 39.5mm from bell end, 110.B|=|0.78.Bell cutoff |900|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 14.1 - 13.7.