Technical description: Gold brass with german silver inner slide, garland, ferrules, central portion of the three stays, valve, outer valve tuning-slide, and water-key. Telescopic outer slide stay. Spring buffers compress by 7mm, shortening sounding length by 14mm. No main tuning-slide.; Nominal pitch: B?|+|F.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at A?=|435|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Engraved on garland in gothic "Gustav A. Wagner / Instrumentenmacher / Dresden" with oak leaves over remainder of garland.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from slide bow to bell bow, slide touching buffers, 1190; bell 223.; Sounding length: minimum 2730.; Bore: at c|40mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 13.1; descending slide, 13.1; ascending slide, 13.1; valve at 871mm from bell end, v.t.s. bore 14.6; at c|532mm from bell end, 19.8; at 24.3mm from bell end, 115.7.B|=|0.75.Bell cutoff |1000|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 13.35 - 13.15.