Technical description: Brass; gusset in bell; French bell rim; white metal stockings. Slide with dark varnished wooden handle. With water-key.; Nominal pitch: G.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|435|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Inscribed on bell with circle containing "MÉDAILLE / DE / 1RE CLASSE / EXPOSITION / UNIVERSELLE / 1855" / "Médaille / LONDRES 1862 / Exposition Universelle / PARIS 1867 / Médaille d'Honneur / EN ARGENT / ANTOINE COURTOIS / Breveté / FACTEUR DU CONSERVATOIRE / 88. rue des Marais / Paris / S. ARTHUR CHAPPELL / Sole Agent / 52 New Bond Street / London"; below "R.|I.|O. / COVENT GARDEN"; and below near rim "600". Stamped at top of outer slide "1937 / ANTOINE / COURTOIS / BREVETÉ 88 R. DES MARAIS ST MARTIN / PARIS" and on inner slide near mouthpiece receiver "1937".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1400; bell 191.; Sounding length: minimum 3235.; Bore: at c|40mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 11.5; expanding by 200mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c|12.4; descending slide, 12.4; ascending slide, 12.4; main tuning-slide from 1051mm to 635mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 14.05 - 17.2; at 638mm from bell end, c|17.5; at 31.5mm from bell end, 104.B|=|0.70.Bell cutoff |800|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 13.25 - 12.45.