Technical description: Silver-plated brass, French bell rim; chromium-plated inner slides; wooden handle. With bell lock; water-key on slide bow.; Nominal pitch: G.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|452.4|Hz but converted for use at A?=|446|Hz or lower.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "CLASS / A" / "50|MEDALS OF HONOUR" within banner / FB monogram / BESSON & CO. / ``Prototype'' / LONDON / ENGLAND" / 5-pointed star / "British Throughout"; stamped on the joint sheath on the bell section "15036"; stamped on mouthpiece receiver "BESSON & CO. / BREVETES / 15036", the "1" covered by the stay plate.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1417; bell 203.; Sounding length: ; Bore: at c|40mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 10.7; descending slide, 12.9; ascending slide, 12.9; m.t.s. proximal bore, 15.15; m.t.s. distal bore, 17.85.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.35 - 11.4.