Technical description: Silver-plated brass, French bell rim. Wooden handle. With water-key.; Nominal pitch: G.; ; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Probably built for use at circa A?=|452.4|Hz but converted for use at A?=|446|Hz or lower.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "Artist's Perfected / EXCELSIOR SONOROUS / CLASS A / HAWKES & SON / Denman Street / Piccadilly Circus / LONDON / 48424"; on slide section at mouthpiece receiver "HAWKES / & SON / LONDON / .."; at joint on both parts "9".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: from slide bow to bell bow 1375; bell 196.; Sounding length: minimum 3188.; Bore: at c|35mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 11.4; expanding at 150mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c|12.3 ; descending slide, 12.3; ascending slide, 12.3; main tuning-slide from 1109mm to 613mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 16.15 - 18.0; at 21.5mm from bell end, 66.5.B|=|0.71.Bell cutoff |1300|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.3 - 11.65.