Technical description: Brass; wooden handle. Gusset in bell; French bell rim. With bow guard on slide bow. Stockings formed by deposition. With water-key and bell lock, no slide lock. With alternative looped valve tuning-slide to give G|+|C.; Nominal pitch: G|+|D|/|C.; Type or system: Betty model.; ; ; ; Usable pitch: Built for use at A?=|440|Hz.;
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:Stamped on bell "LP" / hawk-and-trumpet trademark / "Boosey|&|Hawkes / Ltd / Makers / 295|Regent|St. / London|W1 / 153866".
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Measurements:Overall size: 1304; bell 203.; Sounding length: minimum 3223.; Bore: at c|25mm from mouthpiece receiver (minimum bore), 12.0; expanding by 258mm from mouthpiece receiver to bore c| 13.35; descending slide, 13.35; ascending slide, 13.35; valve at 1266mm from bell end, v.t.s. bore 13.9; main tuning-slide from 1094mm to 635mm from bell end, m.t.s. bores 15.55 - 19.05; at 25.9mm from bell end, 119.3.B|=|0.69.Bell cutoff |800|Hz.Dia of mouthpiece receiver: m.r.t. 12.95 - 12.1.