This is a cermonial horn, made from a cow's horn, used by the Ancient Order of Foresters from the Star of Mona Court. It belonged to Charles Jackson Miller (1925–2009), the donor's father. The horn has a brass mouthpiece, 2 brass bands and a brass rim around end of the horn, and has a hanging cord with green tassels. The horn has a plaque with 'AOF' in a laurel wreath with a stag's head.
Manx National Heritage
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Inscriptions:A plaque with 'AOF' in a laurel wreath with a stag's head.
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:Manx National Heritage
- Measurements:overall: 15 cm x 40 cm x 14 cm